Monday, April 14, 2008

For The Grads

I can't believe it already came and went. Several months ago we began planning a cruise with several of Morris's classmates to celebrate their upcoming graduation. We have had so much fun together during dental school and wanted to take a little vacation together before we all go our separate ways.

We boarded the ship in Los Angeles and headed south to San Diego. We got off the ship early in the morning and took the ferry over to Coronado Island. We rented some bicycles and saw the best of the island. Our first stop was Hotel Del Coronado, a beautiful historic hotel. Spending time at this hotel made me really sad we didn't spend a weekend there like we planned last year.

Group shot near the hotel after a game of ultimate frisbee on the beach.
A view of Coronado Bridge from a pit stop.

We had a great time that evening getting all dressed up and spending a night on the town--or ship.
Morris was so excited for the cruise he forgot to include something in his suitcase--a dress shirt.
A good look, don't you think? This was the best shirt we could come up with. Luckily Sean forgot one as well so they went tie less to the "formal" dinner.

We spent the next day on Catalina Island. Morris and I had been to Catalina once before and we were excited to spend some more time there.

A photo on the small boat to Catalina with the big boat in the back ground.

Most of our time spent on Catalina relaxing and playing cards near the beach. It was nice to spend the day on ground that was not moving.

Last stop--Ensenada,Mexico. While in Ensenada we visited La Bufadora--an underwater cave blowhole thing. Morris was more excited about finding some Mexican Tacos and I was searching for some Manzana Lift--a really yummy apple soda. We both walked away satisfied with our visit to Mexico.

Just above La Bufadora. The tide was not very high so there was not much of a water show while we were there.
The ladies checking out the beaches of Mexico--I think California has them beat as far as beaches go.
This was our last view of Mexico. We boarded the ship to catch some rays and head back to Los Angeles.

We had such a great time on the cruise and look forward to many more cruises and vacations together and with those who could not make it this year.

Our Young Family "sad face photo" at the end of our vacation. Until 2011.





14 comments:

Heidi said...

Did you get sick ever while on the boat? Anyway, it is classic that Morris forgot the dress shirt- he is good at forgetting that "one" item in times like these. Did you just get your hair highlighted? It looks good. So does your bod- man I am jealous of those abs right now. Ha ha was that wierd? Well you know what I mean. I am glad you had a good time with your friends and your Mexican drink!

melissamay said...

How fun! I'm glad you posted some pictures. I'm jealous of the sunshine, we woke up to snow again today. :(
I'm also jealous of your little skinny body....weird.

betsey said...

Ashley,

When I first saw the pictures from the cruise, I honestly thought that Sean and Morris had started some cool new fashion trend with their casual shirt and suit coat. I was going to make Richard wear a similar outfit on Sunday :)

The Thomases said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I'm sad we had to miss it! But I guess it's bitter-sweet. We'll plan on 2011!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

How fun! Cruises are the best. you look so cute!!

Jamie said...

I am so jealous of you! I love cruises, we still need to go. You looked fabulous too. I haven't talked to you in awhile, we need to chat. Love you

Brooke said...

All I have to say is....GOOD LOOKIN' BUNCH OF PEOPLE! Dang....everyone looks awesome. Maybe I am just not used to being around so many "pretty" people....ohhhhh gotta love the northwest!

Jacy said...

This looks like so much fun! I'm glad you got to go on such a fun trip. I was also totally lovin' the "casual is the new formal" look. =)

Jordan and Chandra Smith said...

I'm jealous!! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. My parents, Matt and his family are on a cruise right now as well, soon my day will come!

Amy F. said...

Hey Mo -remember me? I'm Dell Loy's daughter (Jeff & Jenny's step-sister, and Todd Fetter's sis-in law...). I know you know all that, just messin around. Funny thing, for some reason on my last visit with my family you got brought up! So random, but my Dad thinks you're awesome (oh yeah, I think we were talking about Orthodonists...). Anyway, good luck in school! And Todd has a blog too (the link is listed on our blog); thought you'd like to catch up with him.

Amanda said...

what a fun trip! So jealous!

Rick and Janae said...

I wish we could have been there! 3 years isn't that far away, right? Cute pictures!

Kim Allen said...

I was wondering when you were taking that trip! Looks like a fun group to go with. I'm sure you will miss being so close to a port. Cute pics too.

Youngquist Family said...

What a great trip to celebrate graduation. Congratulations! I love going to Ensenda, Rosarita. My family used to camp by La Buffadora. And they have a great flea market.