Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Goal 1=13.1 on 8-28

I think 3 weeks of rarely leaving the house may have gotten the best of me. I have had intentions of running a half marathon for some time now. I had actually entered the lottery for the Nike Women's Marathon in March but since it was a lottery I didn't feel like I was completely committed. I checked my email from my hospital bed and found out I was not selected and I have to be honest I was a little bit relieved. Well the woes of pregnancy and labor are quickly becoming a distant memory and I decided I needed to find a new race.
I had planned on a race in October but after finding out my sister was planning to run the Top of Utah in August and the race happens to be in our new backyard I decided to go for it. I am a little bit nervous that it is almost 2 months sooner than I was planning on but I am now committed. At least my sissy will be there to keep me motivated and my cheering section has now doubled.

Goal 2: Sprint Triathlon--Gonna need a little help on this one Heid.

11 comments:

Heidi said...

Look at you, not even a month post partum and already signed up for a half! I am very impressed. You are going to be a rock star! And it will be amazing to have your little number one fan at the finish line.

Christen said...

I want to run a half, too! Good for you for pulling the trigger and making it happen. Maybe one of these days I will follow...

Aly said...

Wahoo! My brother in law and sister just roped me into a half in Connecticut! We should start training together. The sad thing is that you will probably be at my same level and I had my baby almost five months ago!

melissamay said...

That's soon! VERY impressive! I'll be cheering you on with every sip of my vanilla coke! :)

Lindsay said...

good for you! you can do it! I wish i could run with you!

Barillas Family said...

Hey Ash, the Sprit Marathon , huh? Intruging. I was planning on doing a marathon this year as well, a long time goal. Where is it and how long is it?

Jen said...

good luck getting back into shape!

deb said...

Go for it, Ash! I just made the resolution to run a half myself, but I've given myself a whole YEAR. That should be enough time to procrastinate training, then start training, then get burnt out of training, then not run it. Boo. I wish I were more like you.

Amanda said...

Random funny story. I got a fwd email from a friend today and I usually delete them without looking at them but for some reason I opened this particular one and it was of you on the Ellen show!! I about died! the subject of the email was "Cornstarch and Water"

you are famous :)

Brooke Hendry said...

Good luck. Maybe I will join you.

Youngquist Family said...

Baby's beautiful! Congratulations. I love the sprint triathlons! I think they're easier and a lot more fun than the 1/2 marathon. Here in Utah, they have them often in the spring/summer months, usually with indoor swims. Where are you living now?