Sunday, May 08, 2011

A Party for ONE!

Can you believe it this guy turned one already and we celebrated with a big ol' bash. Jensen's birthday falls on Earth Day so we decided that we would have an Earth Day Birthday!

We started off the day by planting a tree in our front yard. This was our gift to the earth and to Jensen. I helped pick out the tree but Morris did all of the dirty work.
We set up a little planting station in the garage so guests could get in on the action. The potted plants and shovels doubled as party favors.
After the tree was planted we took Jensen over to show him his tree, he was more clearly interested in the dirt, we took several photos and they all turned out like this. Guests also left messages on rocks for Jensen that we put by the tree.
Our Family Tree
Cooper putting lots of though into his rock for Jensen
Jensen is all smiles when his aunts are around. He gets lots of loves and attention.
The aftermath of the globe cake I made for him. Jensen continued to spread the frosting all over his face making him look like an Avatar.
I made this little birthday box as a centerpiece. I put a picture from each month of the year on the outside of the box and then put a potted plant in it with balloons.
A close up picture of the party favors.
We had super yummy coconut cupcakes, wishing there was more of these still.
A photo of the beverage.
And most of those that came to help us celebrate our favorite little boy. We are missing a few who dashed off to an Easter Egg Hunt.
Yes, I did consume more than my share of the cupcakes and baby GIRL Poole (due in Aug) has also helped to increase my waistline as seen above.

22 comments:

Hksedwick said...

I am so happy to see his cute face! What a fun party. I love that you planted a tree.

Joy and Ted said...

You are amazing! Thanks for posting!!

Sara said...

hip hip hooray your back!!! now keep these posts coming so i still feel like i know my long lost friend:) and congrats again- sooo sooo excited!

Mindy said...

Yeah! You returned to the world of blogging. We were sad we could not make it to Jensen's big bash. Everything looked so cute!

Mrs. M said...

Loved the party, thanks for the party favors!

Christen said...

Aaaah, I love it! It's okay that it took you this long to post if it means I get to read that last bit of news. Happy Birthday to cute Jensen and CONGRATS a million times over on baby girl. So excited for you!!!

betsey said...

Love this! Everything about it and it makes me miss the amazing Poole Family! What a fun party, I can't believe that Jensen is one! AND I am THRILLED to hear that you are having a girl!!!! So exciting!

Jenna said...

what a great update! jensen is darling and can't wait to see pictures of baby girl later this summer- congrats!

jaredandjen said...

He is so adorable. I can't believe it has been a year. What a fun way to celebrate his birthday! And CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you guys and for your little girl on the way.

Heidi said...

Hallelujah a new post! I am amazed at the party details- so very cute and clever. Jensen is lucky to have two parents that love him so very much. We cannot wait to see you guys next week!!!

Aly said...

What?!! Finally! He is so adorable, still, and I can't believe it has been a year! I love the party. So cute!

Rick and Janae said...

Good thing I still have you on google reader or I would have missed this one;) Jensen is getting really big! His party looked really cute, I am glad the weather cooperated. I especially love the box of monthly pictures you made. I really wanted to see your globe cake, did he get to it before you snapped a picture? I was thinking as I was looking at the pictures that you didn't even look pregnant, you look awesome, way to rock those skinny jeans!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan and Emily said...

SUCH a cute party idea and congrats on the baby girl! Very Exciting!

emilydeardeuff said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am elated that you are expecting!! And a girl!!!! I don't think I could put enough exclamation points in here to tell you how excited I am for you!! I loved this birthday party! You are so creative and classy! Love the rocks all around the tree! Love you house! Love you! Jensen is so cute!!!

Jacy said...

Congratulations!!!! What exciting news that you are expecting, and so fun to have a girl! I'm so happy for you.

And all of your party ideas are adorable. You really went all-out. I especially love the picture plant box and the personalized rocks around the tree. And of course the smashed cake/smeared frosting pictures are classic! Happy birthday to Jensen!

Jordan and Chandra Smith said...

Congratulations on baby girl poole on her way!!! That is so exciting! Next party we have in the Smith home, you can come be our party planner!!! I am so not creative!! Looks like you did a great job on his party!

The Fox Family said...

where do i start? amazing birthday party! Love the theme...and baby number 2?!?! holy cow congrats! Soo exciting! Glad to see you haven't completely given up blogging! ;)

Mallory said...

I loved this Earth day Birthday! MJ YOu are one lucky kid to have your mom plan an awesome party! love you man!

gretta said...

Congrats on baby number 2 I am so so so Excited for you guys. I miss you guys we should get together soon:)

Amber 'N' Dan said...

Cutest party ever!! Glad we could be a part of it.....late, but a part none the less, right? Jens is the cutest kid ever. Sad we are leaving right when all the action is about to happen! You had better let me know when Poole girl arrives!! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

drinking scavenger hunt When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your.