Tuesday, December 19, 2006

HappYness


On Saturday Morris and I went to see "The Pursuit of Happyness" with our good friends the Corbridge's--4th year Dental Students. I always enjoy seeing movies based on true events. I also was very anxious to see this movie because I saw the interview with Will Smith and Chris Gardner on Oprah and I was very impressed by this fathers love for his child. I also love that Will Smiths son--Jayden played the part of his son. I felt this made the movie see much more genuine. Great movie with great friends. Morris and I have met so many wonderful friends during Dental School and we are so grateful for our friendship with each of them. After the movie we stopped in Starbucks for hot chocolate and cider, this was Jared and Stephanie's first trip to Starbucks. I hope my bad habit has not rubbed off on them. At least we live in California and you really can only drink hot chocolate a few times a year.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

So many people I know have seen this movie and really enjoyed it, I want to as well. Today I saw an interview with Will and his son, they were so cute together, Will was holding his son's hand the whole interview.

You guys like the hot cocoa at Starbucks????

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see another good review of Happyness. I also saw the Oprah interview and am so inspired by this guy's life so I want to see the movie. Maybe I can talk my family into going Friday night after our sibling dinner and gift exchange with Heidi and Ben before they have to head up to be with the Allen clan!
I LOVE Starbuck's Hot Chocolate, but it is so rich that I have to take Tylenol beforehand so that I don't get a migraine! Merry Christmas Ashley...thanks for being a good friend/sister to my little sis.

melissamay said...

I LOVE Starbucks! But I hate their hot chocolate.... I remeber I drank it with Don McGee one time and almost puked. Rember the COCoMOTION ... now that was a good invention.