Sunday, December 10, 2006

Thank you Allentown


On Saturday morning I got up at 5:30 am to go for a 10K run I had signed up to run in September. When I signed up in September I had been going to the gym regularly and running. Somewhere between September and December my visits to the gym and running had become very sporadic. Nonetheless I had signed up for the race so I decided I would still run without one ounce of training. I was feeling pretty good the first 4 miles but mile 5 I was really needing a break. Just when I was getting ready to walk my ipod began playing "Allentown" a song by Billy Joel my family--The Allen’s, have used to name gathering places of our family. I decided I could not take a break during "Allentown" my family of marathon runners would be so disappointed in me I needed to take a break during a lousy 10K. Thanks to "Allentown" and a few large gentlemen I could not let finish in front of me, I finished the race. The photos are from the end of the race when I was back at my house because I had told Morris the wrong location for the end of the race.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Okay well that is still good. I must not "truly" be an Allen because I can run like 2 miles then I need a break. ha ha! Good job Ash!