Wednesday, January 30, 2008

We're having a Cake!



In class this week we made a baby shower cake. I have been wanting to make this cake for a while; you can see how the occasion for a baby shower cake may be a bit more frequent than a Bart Simpson cake. This cake was a bit labor intense but I think it turned out pretty cute. I decided to make my cake blue for a boy for my sister Holly and my sis in law Heidi who are both expecting boys. I know neither of you are close enough to partake of this goodness so I guess I will sacrifice and have a piece for each of you myself. Yeah for more boys in the Allen family.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Yay! That looks v. impressive Ash! I wish Baby Beidi and I could come partake of it ;-)

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Wow!! That looks awesome! I would love to take a class like that...I might need to 'cause I have trouble frosting the most basic cakes.

Amanda said...

ooo I like that one. Looks like it took a lot of time... I am impressed

The Thomases said...

Super cute. Love the baby cake.

Melinda said...

So tell me... does these cakes taste as good as they look? I wouldn't consider myself a cake person, but for some reason whenever I see your pictures of cake I always want a piece.

Jacy said...

Great job! And yes, the baby shower cake should get some good use around here, and probably anywhere you go as long as you stick around the Mormons. (The cake sounds great, though I admit I loved the frosted hot chocolate you made for my baby shower!)

Emily Andrus said...

What a masterpiece. Your second go-round in cake decorating. You are a pro! It looks soo good too. Is that white cake? Don't even tell me!

Jordan and Chandra Smith said...

This class looks so fun! We want to move back to California when Jordan is done with school, this time we want to be in the southern part..to bad you guys are leaving.

Taylor said...

hmmm...maybe it's time for YOU to have a boy! j/k...