Wednesday, August 30, 2006

American Airlines--I don't Heart Them


So last week I flew to Austin, TX aboard Ameican Airlines. It has been a while since I have flown American. I spend most of my air time aboard Delta and Southwest except for the rare occasion I get to fly my favorite airline JET BLUE! I left for Austin in the evening, I had dinner so I was not hungry but for some reason I was looking forward to a little airline snack. Shortly after take off I hear a flight attendant mention something about purchasing a snack for $4. I thought to myself surly they have peanuts or something. But no--you have to purchase a little box with about a million calories in it. Next, I asked for a pillow--I was due into Austin about 11:35 pm and I was wanting to catch some shut eye to avoid any ounce of jet lag. But again No pillows or blankets. As I was exiting the plane I did notice however there was a pillow and blanket in every seat in First Class. And they were served a hot meal! And they probably ate all of my peanuts. My only question is how come on the discount airlines I am still offered a choice of 6 snacks, a pillow and a blanket, Direct TV and free headphones? As for me I am going to keep flying my discount airlines.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

I agree, stick with the discount airlines. Except Frontier- tv costs money and there is NO snack available! O but if you ever fly to Europe... totally worth it save up for first class, if thats an option.