Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Day Date

Yesterday Morris and I decided to take advantage of a few hours I had off from work, really wanted to check out a new museum. We had planned to spend the afternoon in Pasadena visiting Huntington Library, the Norton Simon Museum and the Gamble House. Both the Gamble House and the Norton Simon were closed so we went with Plan B and headed to the La Brea Tar Pits. Morris has been wanting to visit the pits since we moved to LA.
It was pretty neat to learn about this history of our city. The tar preserved the fossils so well you can really tell what the animals looked like. They are still finding fossils in the tar pits near the museum and you can watch them dig. We missed out on seeing this-maybe next time.

After the museum we headed to Farmers Market for some pizza and dessert. I can not believe this was our first time to go there. I love this place! I know we will be headed back for more pizza and whatever else you can find in this crazy place.

I had my eye on the "Brownie Sundae Monster" from Bennett's Homemade Ice Cream but we decided on a crepe for dessert instead. Don't worry I will be back for the monster.

9 comments:

tawni said...

Farmers market is my FAVORITE! I can never decide where to eat. The only thing they dont have is a taco stand!

Heidi said...

What a fun day with your hub! I remember visiting the tar pits when I was little- they are the coolest!

Jacy said...

When we were little, my sister and I got to take turns deciding which museum to visit, and I always picked the tar pits. I loved them but haven't been there in years.
I've never been to the farmer's market. Apparently we need to go!

Ryan and Emily said...

I think it is so awesome that you guys always do such fun things! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

On a day that I'm really missing CA it was both awesome and bitter sweet to see all of the fun things you guys have done lately.
kylee

Jessica Davis said...

Where are you guys lately?? Waiting for a new post.... :)

The Thomases said...

Ditto on what Jessica said!

Taylor said...

what's up slackers, it's been a month! we'd love to know what's going on in poole ville! :)

Michelle said...

hello? are you guys still alive out there in cali? it's been almost a month ash, what's up?! that's not like you! lets see some new posts eh? do you like how i'm hassling you when it took me like 3 months to get anything new up? :)