Monday, September 10, 2007

San Diego Weekend

For Labor Day weekend (I know, I have been a blogger loser lately) Morris and I headed south to San Diego. We met up with my sister Brooke and her family at the zoo.
Each of us got to pick one animal we wanted to see at the zoo. I really wanted to see the Pandas-of course you had to wait in line in the hot sun to see the pandas but it was worth the wait.
I was also interested in seeing this animal--a good look for Morris don't you think?

On Sunday we went to The Bodies Exhibit. I had been trying to get to Vegas to see the exhibit there but when I found out it was in San Diego we decided to make a weekend of it. I really enjoyed the exhibit and learned a lot going through with Morris and having him share all of his anatomy knowledge with me.

Before the exhibit we spent some time at the beach in La Jolla. Morris and Sam (Morris's friend) went snorkeling to check out some of the sea life. I was not really interested in having a run in with a shark so I hung out on the beach.

Monday morning we decided to head home but I convinced Morris to stop for brunch in Carlsbad. We walked around the shops in this quaint beach town and grabbed a bite to eat and then it was back on the road to LA.

We had a great time in San Diego with family and friends and really enjoyed our rest from our Labors.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Pandas are the cutest!

The Thomases said...

That's so cool that you were able to check out Bodies. Do you know how long it's going to be in SD for?

Melinda said...

This looks like such a fun weekend. Is that Bodie exhibit where it is different systems and the bodies are doing "normal" things? To help explain myself... I am thinking systems like digestive, circulatory, muscles, etc. And doing things like playing basketball, sitting, etc? I would love to know where else it is going because I hear it is amazing!

Michelle said...

Sounds like the PERFECT weekend! One more thing checked off the list of "things to do in cali" right?

Breaching Chaos said...

I think you should talk more about Morris' friend 'Sam' in this post.