Sunday, December 16, 2007

Dali...Finally

It seemed like months that I had been waiting for the Dali exhibit to arrive at Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). Saturday night Morris and I finally made it down to check out the exhibit. It was so neat. The exhibit was not only many of his art pieces but also film. The films were crazy Dali paintings come to life and very interesting to watch.

After the museum we headed to our favorite LA eatery--Farmer's Market. We had no idea what kind of a treat we were in for when we decided to grab a quick bite to eat. After dinner we decided to walk around The Grove for a while. The Grove was so magical and the Christmas spirit was everywhere you looked.

There was a Dicken's esque quartet.

Rockettes dancers--well not the real Rockettes, but these ladies were quite entertaining.
And a HUGE Christmas tree. This tree was so big and so beautiful.
It was such a fun magical Christmas night.

5 comments:

Jacy said...

You two always do the most cultural things! Does Morris actually like all these museums, ballets, etc, or do you somehow bribe him?? It looks like so much fun. Let me know your secret 'cause I'd love to get Brian to go to stuff like this!

Heidi said...

WHat did you end up eating at the market? And the Grove looks really pretty- I love places like that that go all out for the season.

Jamie said...

Is there a museum that you have not been to in L.A? Ha ha. I love it, wish I could go. The Grove looked fun. What a good way to get in the Christmas mood.

Steph said...

Ashley, hey this is Steph (Stephens) Johnson from HS! Funny story for you...First I found this blog through Jamie's and second, my mother in law cut out your engagement photo in the Logan paper like forever ago and saved it for me to look at cause it said you were from Boise....anyways, I think our husbands know each other or at least your husband's older sister *Mindy* knows my husband pretty well...his name is Ben Johnson, went to Skyview in Logan. Small world huh? Congrats on the marriage and LA, I was just out there for a girls trip in Sept., It is so much fun and you look like you are having so much fun! Aren't big cities the best! I have a blog too...

http://ourjohnsonjourney.blogspot.com/

Keep in touch!
Steph

How is that for the longest comment in blogging history!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Hey this is Erin (Troy's wife)...I just was checking out your blog and saw that you're going to VCU. That's awesome! My sister's husband goes there right now for dental school, so maybe you guys could be buddies. Anyway, congrats! :)