Thursday, December 06, 2007

Nothing Better to Say

I have been trying to come up with a post for the last week and as you can see I have not come up with anything. I was tagged by Heidi yesterday so here it goes.

Little known and not so little known facts about me...

1. I like to brush my teeth with warm water, I think it kills more germs. My husband, the dentist tells me this is not true but I still do it, I like the frothiness from my tooth paste.

2. Water is my beverage of choice but I can not drink it in the morning. I have to first have a small sip of OJ or other juice before I can drink water. And I prefer the taste of water from a plastic cup over glass. I also don't drink milk but that is all day every day. I have a problem with liquids that are so thick they coat a glass, even skim milk is too thick for me.

3. I hold the record for the flexed arm hang from my elementary school. I used to practice at recess. When word got out I could hold myself there for over 2 minutes I started to draw crowds when I was practicing.

4. I have 2 different thumbs. I have one that curves back like a hitch hiker thumb thanks to my dad and one that goes straight up that matches the thumbs of my mom.

5. I owned my wedding dress for about 4 years before I got married. When my wedding day came, I didn't love the dress like I once did so I had some major alterations made so I didn't dislike it as much.

6. I wanted to change the way my name was spelled in middle school. I wanted to spell Ashley like this Ashleigh. I could never get my y's to look right and I thought Ashley looked prettier this way. After 10 years my family will still not drop it. They still call me Ashsleigh pronounced like sleigh. I also practiced my signature changing my last name with every guy I ever dated or ever thought was cute. When the time came for me to give up my last name it was very hard to let go so I decided to keep it as my middle name.

I tag anyone who has been tagged several times and has not done this.

3 comments:

The Thomases said...

I love these lists! It's always so fun to learn random things about people. I cannot empathize with your distaste for milk as I drink it daily, but I also wanted to change the spelling of my name. I was sick of people mispelling it "Jamie" instead of "Jaime" so I thought changing it to "Jaymi" would be better. Oh the minds of junior high schoolers!

Heidi said...

Okay the flexed arm hang was killing me- way to make me laugh at work! That would have been so cool to know you in Elementary (and Ben!)

Jacy said...

I can't drink water in the morning, either. It makes me want to gag. And if you don't like thick liquids you may not like yogurt, but I think it tastes better from a plastic spoon rather than metal. And I'm very impressed by the flexed arm hang record!!