Friday, February 08, 2008

Necessities


In preperation of our upcoming move across the country I have been obsessed with trying to get as much information about Richmond as I can before we move. We don't know exactly where we are going to live yet and probably won't know for a few months. So I have decided to locate all of the places I have grown to love over the years and see if they will still be avaliable to me on the east coast.

Target--1 for sure maybe 3 within 20 minutes.

Nordstrom--1. We will still be poor students so 1 should be enough.

Barnes and Noble--At least 5. And hopefully a good public library system.

L.D.S. Temple--0. Washington D.C. is our closest and is about 2 hours away. 1 guarnteed trip to D.C. each month-yeah.

Beach--1 hr. 20 min. to Newport News.

Einsteins Bagels-- 4 in the area. I love Bagels. I have missed them while living in CA.

Trader Joe's--0 right now, closest is in Newport News but Richmond is coming soon and is already on the map. Hopefully it will be open by the time we arrive.

Art Museum--1. I have heard the Richmond Art Museum is a decent museum for the size of the city. But don't worry the National Gallery will be a regular stop our monthly visits to D.C. and N.Y.C. is a short train ride away with several of my favorite museums to choose from.

Costco--1. Hooray we can still enjoy Hewbrew National dogs and our Costco date nights.

Ikea--1 in Woodbridge, VA about an hour and a half from Richmond. I will still be able to get all kinds of inexpensive items to furnish our new home.

Airport--1 but that is all you need. Delta and Jet Blue fly from there but no direct flights to any family--boo.

Now we just have to find a place to live and figure out how to get there. Once we arrive I think we will be well taken care of and we will love the east just as much as we have loved the west.

9 comments:

Jacy said...

Yes, I don't know how people in rural towns survive without Target and Costco. Looks like you have the basic necessities all set! And having a few things in DC is probably better anyway, because it will give you an excuse to visit there more often. It will be so fun for you!

Heidi said...

Ash I love it- I do the exact same thing! Too bad Reno was lacking in most of those departments (but it does have an airport, temple, and Target so those are pretty huge on my list) Does JetBlue or Delta not fly direct to Vegas from Richmond for once I move?

the youngs said...

I think the most important on the list is Trader Joes and I will miss it more than one can imagine!

the youngs said...

Oh and post that chocolate heart cake...it looked delicious-o!!

Jamie said...

I love you! I think that is funny! I will surely be planning a trip out to the east coast to see you. Thanks for the times we have seen you in L.A. you are such a big help to us L.A. foreigners (s/p?).

jaredandjen said...

If you love bagels I'll have to take you to place in C'ville (about 1 hr away) to Bodo's bagels. I promise it's better than Einstein's bagels. I still crave it 10 years after leaving there.

Dr. Joel Henriod said...

Have you talked to Tyler Hendry's brother and sister in law? They are in Richmond...they might know of some good places to live! We are getting excited for you...

Taylor said...

You might know people too, but I have friends who used to live in Richmond while attending the Ortho program if you want to talk to them, I might be able to connect you with them. Also, a mission buddy who I might be able to get a hold of...

Bryn Stucki said...

You guys should call my sister! My brother in Law went to VCU for dental school and they still live just outside Richmond and they LOVE IT!! Her email is bjandlil@yahoo.com She would love to show you around when you get there or just give you info! They love Virginia. Anyway, I'll tell her that you might email.