Sunday, October 21, 2007

Brandy visits LA

For two years Brandy (former Rainey Homes co-worker) and I have been planning her trip to LA. Last week she finally made her appearance, she stopped here for a day and a half on her way home from Hawaii. We had a great time shopping, eating and catching up. I love having visitors because I get to visit new sites and some of my favorites I could see over and over again. I recently read "Night" by Elie Wiesel for the second time and have been anticipating the opening of the Holocaust exhibit at The Museum of Tolerance. Brandy was up for a depressing afternoon so we decided to visit the exhibit on WWII, we spent a few hours there before we headed over to The Grove for some shopping and dinner. While Brandy was here we also spent an afternoon at the Getty--an LA gem that every visitor must see. We spent the majority of our time in the museum store-that is always my favorite part of any museum. Thanks for coming Brandy, it was so fun to see you.


Favorite piece of the day:
Edgar Degas---The Milliners

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow finally some new posts! I could no longer check your blog because the "Day Date" was making me nauseated (don't be offended everything makes me nauseated) but Ben checked it for me and told me there was something new! Glad you got to see Brandi, and PS- cute shoes ;-)

Melinda said...

Brandy's hair is so long, it looks great. I am so glad you got to do fun things with her... especially the Museum of Tolerance. I remember that being one of my favorite field trips in junior high. It really helped me understand what happened at a young age and appreciate the freedom we have as americans.

tawni said...

I love, love the book Night. Depressing, but so amazing. Was the exhibit good? If you are up to go again, give me a call!