Sunday, October 21, 2007

Getty Villa



Ever since we moved to LA I have been wanting to visit the Getty Villa in Malibu. Ever time I would find a day that worked for us it seemed to be a day that worked for everyone else and I could never get tickets. It was a prefect afternoon to spend at the Villa. We took a tour of the grounds and learned about the history of this beautiful place. The gardens and architecture were so amazing. The Getty Villa is a replication of an ancient Roman villa called Villa of the Papyri. The Villa has a lot of Greek and Roman sculptures and reminded me I need to brush up on my Greek and Roman mythology(I bought a book the other day to get me started on this, I am not sure I am ready to tackle the Iliad and the Odyssey again). It was a wonderful day to live in LA.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I am impressed you always get Morris to do these cultural things with you!

Melinda said...

I think these are some of my favorite pictures of you two lately... maybe because you have the red purse while Morris is sporting the red shirt. You know how I like things to match! The weather looks awesome... did I mention I woke up to snow this morning. Yeah, I am not ok with that.

melissamay said...

I miss interior design days also.
That house looks amazing. I can't wait to see your arts and crafts home and have you help me with my house one day.

melissamay said...

oops i posted my comment on the wrong post

Jacy said...

This place looks gorgeous. I really want to go there now. And I'm also very impressed that you can get Morris to go to all these cultural places!

Breaching Chaos said...

Good thing you got there before the fire...