Sunday, October 21, 2007

Finishers

Last month my sister Brooke asked me if I wanted to run a 5K with her in Huntington Beach. My sister forgot to mention that this race would be taking place on the sand, yes that is correct not only had I agreed to run 3 miles without training but I agreed to run 3 miles in the sand. I knew my sister was going to smoke me so I had to drag my friend Brooke Hendry along so I would have someone to run with me and come across the finish line with me in dead last(no offense Brooke H.).
This is just as we are coming to the finish line. A great night for a run.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I am too out of touch with your life, when was this race? I had no idea you were running one. Looks really pretty at least!

Melinda said...

Go Ash! I should motivate myself to do something like this... it would make exercise more... hmmm... what is the word? Eventful. You know what I mean though!

Jamie said...

Way to go Ashley! Wish I could have done it with you. doesn't look like you came in last though.
I was excited to see the new posts.
love ya

tawni said...

Wow. GOOD FOR YOU! I cant even run a block on the concrete. Sad huh. Great job!

Dr. Joel Henriod said...

I'm so happy to see your latest posts, and even happier to see my sister on your blog! She is way behind on getting her own started. You look fabulous. We miss your faces!
Lindsay

Jacy said...

The sunset picture is beautiful! And congrats on such a great run. You are so brave and must be in pretty good shape to even attempt a sand race!

Michelle said...

what a beautiful race! i wanna do it next year!