Thursday, November 15, 2007

D.C. Weekend

A couple weeks ago Morris and I traveled to Richmond,VA for his last interview for residency-YEAH! When Morris was offered an interview at Virginia Commonwealth University; I immediately started planning a weekend in our nations capitol. But first we had to spend two days in Richmond at VCU for Morris's interview. We have no pictures from our time in Richmond, it was pretty uneventful. Morris was at interviews all day and I relaxed in the hotel and caught up on some reading.

Morris and I began our tour of DC with a visit to the White House. Morris's Aunt Jackie was a wonderful guide. Each room we had more and more people following behind us to listen to all of Jackie's stories about the White House.

Next stop, the Air and Space Museum at Dulles. This was the highlight of the trip for Morris. He could have stayed there for hours. He wanted to stop and look at all of the planes. I managed to drag him out of there after 4 hours so we could move on.

We spent the night walking around the city and visiting the memorials at night.


The highlight of the trip for me was visiting the National Gallery of Art. I just could not get enough of this place. I could have spent days just viewing all of the amazing art at the National Gallery.

Our last day in D.C. we spent most of the day walking from museum to museum and stopping for an occasional picture.
We loved our time in D.C. and we are crossing our fingers we end up in VA so we can spend every weekend in D.C. Ok maybe not every weekend but at least once a month hopefully.















4 comments:

The Thomases said...

I love Washington D.C.! One of my favorite places on earth. I'll cross my fingers that you guys end up in VA. Tomorrow's match day right?

melissamay said...

how fun !
Menny would have loved the space musuem also.

Heidi said...

Finally new posts! That would be a lot of fun to end up in VA. I am so excited for tomorrow!!!

Jamie said...

I love your pics and I am jealous you went and did all of that. You are like the traveling woman and you go and see lots of things where ever you go-even in Cali.