Tuesday, November 27, 2007

That's Assault, Sister!


Last week I was on my way home from some church service and I decided to stop at Ralphs market to pick up a few things. I normally do not shop at Ralphs, although it is closer to my home than Vons (my regular supermarket). Since it was later in the evening (9:00 PM) I decided just to stop at Ralphs--Big Mistake. As I was checking out a woman came into the store shouting at the top of her lungs for someone to give her a cigarette. After getting no replies from her shouting she walked over to the check out line where I was standing, she looked at me and said "what b*#@% you don't smoke?" To which I replied "No". She then asked me if I wanted to see her naked and then she began undressing herself. The Ralphs security guard is nowhere to be seen. I was trying to divert my eyes so I did not have to stare at the naked crazy lady while she undressed and had a few more choice words to say to me. She then kicked my shopping cart into my stomach and nearly knocked me to my feet. While this is happening to me, the 3 men standing next to me, including the checker have done nothing to keep this crazy woman for attacking me further. Finally the crazy lady turned and walked out of the store. About a minute after she walks away, the security guard moseys up from the back of the store and no one mentions to him that any of this has happened. I did not receive an apology from my checker, the manager on duty or anyone. I walked away from the incident with two black and blue toenails that are about to fall off (sorry for gross description) and the last groceries I would ever purchase from Ralphs. So to all Ralphs shoppers beware you may be the next victim of a crazy naked smoking lady.

13 comments:

The Corbridge's said...

No Way! That is crazy. Sorry we didn't warn you, we knew Ralphs was trouble.

The Corbridge's said...

P.S. Good luck tomorrow!

Jamie said...

I thought you were going to say she pulled out a gun. Good thing she didn't but that must have been an experience anyway.

Rick and Janae said...

I must admit I hate Ralph's as well, all the cashiers are SOOO mean, but it is an addiction I cannot quit. I love being able to walk there and the double coupons have me hooked

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Ryan and Emily said...

Oh my gosh Ashley. I can't believe that happened to you! And that nobody did anything about it! I guess that makes another reason why I'm glad to be a Vons shopper.

Heidi said...

good thing there are no Ralphs in Reno!

Heidi said...

good thing there are no Ralphs in Reno!

Taylor said...

i was looking this morning to see where you guys ended up and found this crazy story! hope you are okay, i know this may interfere with your pedi's in the near future. :)

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

I NEVER have a good experience at Ralph's! Everytime I go there instead of Vons I am reminded why I prefer Vons! Sorry about that...how scary!

Janae...Vons does double coupond, too!! :)

Breaching Chaos said...

It's an advertisement for telephone and internet connections. The company is called crescenet and they said that they liked your post and then went of talking about thier wonderful product.
Maybe you should invest. It is in 2100 brasilian cities!
It's connection speed is 10 times faster than their competitor.
I know you are lookingfor more places to spend money.

Kim Allen said...

Only in LA! That is halarious and scary for you at the same time. I'm glad you were not attacked further. You could have taken her though ;-]

tawni said...

You poor thing. I don't know what I would have done. Shame on those men! I mean, the checker could have called security! Hello?!?! I am glad that's all it was. I have a really gross story to tell you about what I saw in the Ralphs parking lot. Let me say its so bad I called 911. The cops went and checked it out, called me back and were so rude to me for making them go out on the call. Since we have moved, I dont really go to Ralphs anymore. I go to Albertsons! I really like it.