Sunday, November 04, 2007

So Long UCLA


Last week Morris was offered a spot as a UCLA Orthodontic resident. After many prayers and lengthy conversations we have decided it is time for us to move on from Los Angeles. Morris and I had always talked about moving on after graduation but when the offer was extended it was much harder to walk away from than expected. UCLA would have been a great opportunity for Morris but we are looking forward to seeing another part of the country before we settle down to practice. We are very excited about the next step in our life and are crossing our fingers we will be able to match at a program that will be a good fit for us.

10 comments:

Heidi said...

WE are also excited for what your future holds and wherever it may be you know I will visit often!

Jacy said...

We are going to miss you so much, but I'm excited for you, too. Wherever you end up will be lucky to have you!

cookers said...

boo hoo boo hoo!

Jessica Davis said...

Big decisions! I'm sure LA will miss you guys (and you will miss LA). I think it's amazing how things work out when you put it in the hands of the Lord. Mark and I are in a similar situation--he's interviewing for jobs all over the country and all we can really do is pray and have faith that we'll end up where we need to be.

tawni said...

These are always hard choices to make, but I love getting to see different places. You will end up right where you are supposed to be! If we end up here, then we hope you stay (selfishly) but I pray we end up close by! Go to Miami, SF, NY Cleveland, or Mexico City.

melissamay said...

I'm sure you will miss California, but how fun to live somewhere new. I would go east coast. I would for sure come visit.

Ryan and Emily said...

Wow, what a huge decision. But Morris will definitely get into his top choice. We will be sad to not have you guys around next year! I can't believe we will probably be going through this same thing next year.

The Corbridge's said...

Dallas would be nice ;) We are excited to hear how you liked VCU. Give us a call when you get a chance.

Michelle said...

Maybe you should just go ahead and come back to Utah a few years early :) So, we're planning a trip out there after the new year, are you guys up for Disney Land this time?! Let me know, I'm excited to see you!

Taylor said...

I'm dying to hear how Richmond was! :)