Tuesday, October 03, 2006

GOAL!


Saturday I went out to Corona,CA to watch my niece and nephew play in their soccer games. I have never really enjoyed the sport of soccer a whole lot but it is a lot more interesting when the players are under 7 and family. My nephew Christopher (who would now like to be called Chris after turning 5 two months ago) was the first game of the morning. This is Chris's second season of soccer and he still is more interested in picking the daisies in the field than scoring the next goal. Although he has yet to score a goal he is getting much better at his cartwheels and provides entertainment for all the parents on the sidelines. However my niece Bethany-7 is a the super star on the team. She is excellent in all positions and scores and average of 10 goals a game. It was so fun to see Bethany play and Chris do what he does on the soccer field. I still don't love the game of soccer but it is pretty great to be the Aunt on the sidelines.

0 comments: