Monday, April 16, 2007

Latest Reads


I had a few books I was very anxious to read. I have been anxiously waiting for the release of Shopaholic and Baby since the end of last year. I purchased the book the end of last month and decided I should save it for my trip to Hawaii since it would be a perfect beach book. It was very difficult for me to not pick it up every night before I went to bed. I cracked the book as soon as I boarded the plane and didn't put it down until I finished it the next day. I loved it. The book was so good, it really made me want to have a baby to buy all kinds of fun new things for. OK small confession, I spend free time at work searching for the baby gear I will buy one day, this book did not do anything for the ever growing list of cool baby items I have been compiling over the last couple months. I also picked up a copy of Forever in Blue-The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood. I thought since I would be spending a lot of time with a teenager on this trip the last book would be appropriate. I was really sad to know this would be the last summer of the sisterhood. I have become really fond of the young girls in these novels. They grew up a lot this summer. It was fun to go through life changing events with them this summer. My only complaint about this book is that I wanted to have a bit more closure with some of the story lines that developed with each of the girls. Both great easy reads.

3 comments:

The Thomases said...

Should we be expecting an announcement soon? :)

Heidi said...

I love the sisterhood books too. My mom sure loves the shopaholics but I have only read the first two in the series. The girl in it drives me nuts.

You need to share a list of these things you must have for your baby (babies?). tee hee.

Jacy said...

I am definitely going to have to check out this book. I have never really been a shopaholic, until I had Libby! Now I love checking out all the baby gear, even though I can't afford any of it... or at least shouldn't afford any of it. I'm not much of a reader, but these sound cute! Thanks for the recommendation.