Monday, April 16, 2007

Running against the Wind (and Rain)


Today my sister Holly and my brother Jeff fought the wind and rain to run the Boston Marathon. This was the second run for Jeff and the first for Holly. They both did very well, Jeff came in at 3:06 and Holly at 4:05. I have stood on the sidelines of many marathons watching family and friends come across the finish line. I am always so impressed by the determination of each person who finishes the race. My sister Holly has run four marathons trying to qualify for the Boston. Yesterday when she was handed her bib number she was brought to tears thinking how long the road had been to get there. She has run marathons being pregnant and pushing multiple kids in strollers trying to get that bib for the Boston Marathon. I am so happy this day has come for my sister. I am glad that Jeff and Holly were able to run together today and they were able to meet their goal of running the Boston.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Not having come from a running family as you, I have never stood on the sidelines of a marathon. I am sure it is a neat experience. how great Holly worked so hard for this goal!