Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Weekend in Portland




While Morris was in Japan I decided I was going to head up to Portland to spend the weekend with my sister Holly and her cute family. I thought it would be a good idea to visit Portland not only to see my adorable nieces and nephews but because I keep telling Morris I would like to apply to OHSU for his orthodontic residency but I had never been to Portland. I loved Portland, I could totally see us living there for a few years. It was rainy much of the weekend but it didn't really bother me. We visited the Portland Art Museum, took a drive around the gorgeous OHSU campus, celebrated Addie's second birthday, toured some lovely rose gardens, and a quick hike up Multnomah Falls. I loved the city. I loved the Pearl District near downtown. I would love spending Saturday mornings there walking in the galleries and browsing through book shops. I picked up a flyer of a house for sale in the district--let's just say we will be riding our bikes or driving in to the district to do the gallery walks and book browsing. It was such a fun weekend, I loved spending time with my nephew and nieces.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

We'll see if Seattle can rival Portland when you guys come up here in a little while. :o) It's almost as sunny as your picture from Hawaii...almost.

Heidi said...

For some reason the photos are not working for me... but I did see the ones on Myfamily- v. cute!