Thursday, March 29, 2007

American Girl


Yesterday for work I went to American Girl Place at The Grove shopping center. I had no idea what kind of treat I was in for. When I was little I would always get the American Girl catalogs and look at the different dolls but I never remember really wanting one or ever being into dolls period. But had know what kind of a jewel an American Girl store could be it would have been at the top of every Christmas and Birthday wish list. I wanted to spend all day in this store just look at all of the wonderful clothing, accessories, and every doll trinket you can imagine. It was so fun to watch the faces on these little girls carrying around there Kirsten, Felicity and Molly dolls. The mothers and grandmothers in the store were having just as much fun. There is a salon for your doll, a doll theatre, a cafe, bookstore and every other thing that is magical when you are a little girl. I can not wait until I have a daughter and we will be able to visit an American Girl Place (hopefully in NY or Chicago). My daughter will defiantly be an American Girl.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

My sister Carrie and I were huge into American Girl dolls. Clothing, books and accessories for our dolls WAS at the top of every birthday and Christmas list. I have Kirsten and Addie, Carrie has Samantha. Hours of endless fun. When we were little though they didnt have those megastores yet. I dream of taking my daughters someday and passing my dolls down to them!

Jacy said...

My mom was just telling me about those stores. Sounds like tons of fun. I can't wait to take Libby there when she gets a little older!

melissamay said...

oh my gosh i loved these dolls when i was little!!! I have all the books but never got a doll. ( much to your surprise...I didn't get EVERYTHING i wanted)

aSHleY said...

Heid sounds like another girls trip we have to plan a few years down the road when we get tired of just taking them with each other.

Jacy I may have to borrow Libby in a few years just so I can go back to the LA store.

Rick and Janae said...

I had Kirsten growing up. In fact she is still in my room at home. I am glad to hear they have a salon, I never got over the disappointment of taking out her braids and never being able to reproduce them.

The Thomases said...

My mom had this tradition where she would give me a doll every year for Christmas. So over the years I have collected Kirsten, Addy, Molly, and Samantha. However, my first and favorite is Kirsten. What I love most about these dolls is they each have such great stories behind them! I have wanted to check out the store ever since it opened. I guess we are all still little girls at heart!