Saturday, March 10, 2007

Blast from the Past


I love bagels. I have for as long as I can remember. I once got 3 days of suspension in high school when I left campus with some friends during break to get a bagel. My junior and senior year of high school our "lunch bunch" (my friends I went to lunch with each day) would go to Bruegger's Bagels each Wednesday for bagel sandwiches. Shortly after I graduated from high school my beloved Bruegger's Bagels became Rocky Mountain Bagel and went way down hill. Then I moved to Utah and discovered Einsteins Bros. Bagels and I was able to enjoy delicious bagels once again. After 4 years I had to leave Utah and Einstens Bros. Bagels. I moved to California and discovered they do not have bagel shops here. All bagel shops have been replaced by donut shops--there are donut shops on every corner here. Morris and I have now found that we do enjoy Noah's Bagels but they are hard to come by around here. Now let me get to the point, yesterday, I was in Laguna Beach and on my way home I decided to stop at TJ Maxx for my sister and I am so glad I did. To my surprise next door was my Bruegger's Bagels. Yes just like it was in high school all of those years earlier. I never thought I would again be reunited with the sweetness of Bruegger's Bagels. What a special day.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I never knew your love for bagels. Glad you could be reunited with your faves.

Anonymous said...

A good bagel is hard to come by but such a treat. I remember going to Brackman Brothers Bagels in High School but then it changed owners when I was at BYU and became Einsteins. Their bagels are good but not Brackman's good. I have missed them.

Jacy said...

I, too, LOVE Bagels. In fact, my first job was at a Noah's Bagels! I got totally addicted to the whole wheat sesame bagels, toasted, with veggie cream cheese on one half and honey almond on the other. I miss those days. There is a Noah's on Venice that I go to once in awhile, but they definitely need to build one closer to home! (Then again, maybe not because I would eat there everyday and weigh 500 lbs!)