Thursday, March 22, 2007

Move Over Betty Crocker


With Morris's departure for Japan I have been obsessed with finding things to occupy my time while he is away. I have been to the library and Barnes and Noble everyday for the last week stocking up on best sellers and audio books. I have also added all chick flicks to the top of the queue with Netflix. Last week I started browsing the classes offered at the local community college. I took a fresh floral arrangements class a few months ago and I had a great time learning a new skill. I have decided I am now going to take a cake decorating class. Morris and I love to watch Ace of Cakes on the Food Network and Duff has inspired to see what I can create with a little fondant and gum paste. There is a cake and candy supply store just down the street from our house that offers an 8 week course. Although I had a good experience at the community college I decided the longer course at the cake shop may be a bit more of what I am looking for.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

So fun! I always want to take classes around here but they are just not in our budget. Can't wait to see what you make.

betsey said...

So much fun Ashley! I love the idea of cake decorating. If your bored, you can always come over and clean my house :) hehehehehe! just teasing. WE should have a fun girls night while Morris gone!

The Thomases said...

I'm with Betsey on the girls night. Chick flick marathon here we come!

Anonymous said...

Glorias? I'm looking at taking their class, too on Tuesday nights! HA HA! Let's do it together! xoxo

aSHleY said...

Betsey and Jaime, I am so ready for a girls night. All of the nights I am spending alone are starting to get to me.

Morgan, it would be so fun for you to take the class. I know it is getting full so you should try to sign up soon. Mariss and Debi are planning on taking the class as well.