Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Am I Really Qualified?



I had never thought of myself as a really organized person until I began work as a personal assistant and I had to quickly learn how to keep a million things in order. For the last couple weeks I have been working a second job as an organizer. I have been helping an Interior Designer to put her business and life in order. Before we could set up her office and business we had to sort through hundreds of boxes and piles of junk. I have never seen so much stuff in my life! This second job has been much more work than I originally anticipated. After several weeks we are starting to see the end of a messy space now that we have set up a filing system and taken several trips to Goodwill. It has been a lot of fun to look at fabrics and floor plans and put boards together again. It has been nice to feel like a designer again and to reconnect with my creative side. I am looking forward to only having one job again and just being able to go home after an already long day of work.

The above picture is the result of my latest closet purge, this happens about once a month. The other picture is of my closet--now professional organizer on a normal day--I'm not sure I would hire me.

5 comments:

betsey said...

Your closet is organized by color! You are most definitely qualified to organize! I'm glad that you have enjoyed your second job, it is always to do something you feel qualified and trained to do (and use the creative side of your brain!)

Heidi said...

Did you know being a professional organizer is one of my dream jobs? Now you can teach me a few things and we could go into a business together, you could be more in charge of design ;-)

We would just have to live in the same city.

How long will this side job last?

melissamay said...

good to see my fellow color organizing freak stayed loyal to me! :)

aSHleY said...

Betsey--I am so happy to see you commenting again, I keep checking for updates on your blog. Thanks for the props on the closet.

Heid--We would make a great team. Do you think Ben would go for Logan?

Melissa--I am not quite as color cordinated as your closet, I still don't have color matching hangers for all of my clothes but I am doing what I can.

Jacy said...

That is really impressive. I need you to come cleanse me of my closet-purging phobias. I always worry that I will need that random sweater someday, or that getting rid of a shirt my mom gave me will hurt her feelings. I need to take your advice and get over it!!