Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Seattle's Best




Last weekend Seattle hosted the Annual AAO Conference (American Association of Orthodontists). I like to tag along to the conferences when they are held in neat cities and because Morris's father is an orthodontist we usually get to spend some time with his parents as well. We traveled down with our good friends the Lee's and spent some time exploring together. We had such a great time in Seattle and we managed to avoid rain until our last day in town when it dumped on us. Morris and I spent our first night in town at Safeco Field where we saw the M's defeated by the Padres (8-1), at least we had a very entertaining ride to the ballpark provided by the Seattle finest on city bus #9. We decided a cab would be the a better form of transportation given the time of night. Earlier that day Morris and I took a city tour of Seattle where we explored the Space Needle, the beautiful University of Washington campus, the Chittenden Locks, and wonderful views of Peugeot Sound. Other highlights of the trip included a visit to the Seattle Central Library, the Seattle Art Museum, and Pike Place Market. We also managed to squeeze in a quick visit with our friends from UCLA the Olsen's who are now attending UW. It was so fun to see them and there cute little boys. We really enjoyed our time in Seattle, I loved how alive the art community is in Seattle. I wish we had more time to enjoy more museums and more galleries in this wonderful city.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

You guys do so much fun stuff! I love looking at all your fun pics and blogs. So...you guys still coming to meet us in Vegas in a couple weeks?! I hope so, it will be so much fun! Let me know, its June 8th that we go down for that whole weekend. Hope you guys are doing well! Love ya!

Heidi said...

I want to go to Seattle now! Sounds like so much fun. I have not been there in about 12 years but I always think I would not mind living there.

Jacy said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love Seattle. It is so beautiful and so many great things to do. I love your totem pole picture, by the way!

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

We are so jealous...we love Seattle. I knew Jake should have gone Ortho. Dumb root canals! :)

Rick and Janae said...

I love Pike's Place. I hope you got to see the best part of Seattle, the nine-story Nordstrom downtown.

betsey said...

Ashley,

I heard you made an adorable cake this week with the fondant...WE NEED PICTURES! (we are a demanding group, your blog fans!) Hope all is well!!! I haven't seen you in a while with all your travels and I am leaving this week for Hong Kong to be with the Chard! I will have to read your blog to keep updated! so you better post!

Taylor said...

hope you guys end up in Seattle -- at least for residency (I've forgiven Morris for his USC affinity). the weather is even more gorgeous now, come up again! :) thanks for the tip on the site. just remember, the puget sound awaits!