Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My Spot



Morris and I often have the "Where do you think you will end up" conversation with many of his classmates. Morris and I have made the decision we will be moving to Logan, Utah after graduation to work with Mo's dad at his practice. I am hoping by the time we finish his residency program, Logan will have a Nordstrom and Target. The move will be much easier on both of us if so. Many of our friends have not decided where they would like to begin there practice or have not yet come to an agreement with there spouse on where to set up shop. My brother and his wife showed us a website called Find Your Spot that may help some of you out in this decision. You can find your spot here .


My Top 5 Spots Are:

1. Norfolk, VA

2. Knoxville, TN

3. Charleston, SC

4. Cincinnati, OH

5. Jacksonville, FL


Other places to consider in my top 10:

7. Seattle, WA

9. Long Island, NY


*Morris will not admit to this but Boise, ID appeared in his top 5.

11 comments:

Erica said...

Hmm. Interestingly, two of these places are two of my least favorite places (number 2 and number 5). I ended up with:
1. Portland, Oregon
2. Little Rock, Arkansas
3. Baltimore, Maryland
4. Las Vegas, Nevada,
5. Albuquerque, New Mexico

Heidi said...

Is this that website Ben and I told you guys about? My number one was Denver and Ben's was Seattle.

aSHleY said...

Erica-I have never been to any of the places on my top 5. Maybe I need to explore more East of the Mississippi.

Heid-yes, it is the same site you and Ben turned us on to.

betsey said...

I'm going to have to try this! Logan is such a beautiful city, but you are right...it would be better with an Nordstom and a Target!

Jacy said...

This is an awesome site. I'm glad you posted about it. I loved it so much I just posted about it, too!

Rick and Janae said...

So Rick and I took the quiz together to try to solve our constant question of where to live; Vegas or anywhere else. I am pleased to announce that no Nevada city even made our list!!! Rick thought I had been doctoring the entire quiz to avoid the Vegas climate, but our top city was... Phoenix, proving once and for all that Vegas is not the place for us, we also had Tuscan and Scottsdale.

Thanks for the post Ashley, I only hope that Rick will listen to the internet gurus and forget all about Vegas, somehow I doubt it.

betsey said...

BTW...we do love Boise and love all Boise-ites...Boisians...
Boisers...whatever you are called...we think Boise and Ashley are both great!

Michelle said...

Boise was in my top ten :) But there was a lot of southern california in there too! My number 1 was St. George...random, but I guess I like St. George, I'd be ok with that! Hope you guys are doing good! Love ya

taryn said...

V. interesting. I got some very random cities/towns in Texas, South Carolina, Georgia...mostly in the south. Maybe that's because I put in warm weather, minimal rain, and reasonably priced housing. I wouldn't consider at least half of the cities that came up from my answers. Maybe I'll try again.

jaesi said...

you dont know me and I found your site through a friend of a friend. But I had to leave you a comment because out of your places to live I have lived in 2 of them. Charleston, SC (wonderful) and Norfolk VA (where I am now) We are military and are stationed here right now. Interesting.

Dr. Joel Henriod said...

CHARLESTON!!! #3, We'll still be here for another year. We would LOVE it.