Sunday, March 08, 2009

Luv Notz

I spent a few weeks in Seattle in February with these cute kids. As a Christmas gift to the two oldest ones my brother and his wife asked me to fly out and help them decorate their rooms in their new place. They recently moved from Texas to Seattle and the long winter has got them all singing the Texas blues.

They do not have any of the furniture in the new house yet so these pictures don't show the final product but here is a sneak peak of what the kids and I came up with.

Clayton wanted a blue room with big maps on the wall. The blue is a bit darker than it looks in the photo. The bedding and window treatments are dark blue and of course huge maps on the wall. Clayton was a big help in getting the frames painted for the maps.


Hailey also wanted a blue room but with green as well. So her walls are a lighter blue with cute polka dots. You can't see the white dots that are there as well. Her bedding is green with white polka dots and cute sheer window treatments with green polka dots. She helped me pick out the paper and all the work on her name letters. Oh and she has a cute blue and green rug too.


Just after I got home, these cute "luv notz" showed up in the mail, I love these kids and the phonetic spelling of a kindergartner.




Thanks for the fun trip. Hope you are happy with your new rooms.

3 comments:

gretta said...

The rooms look so cute. It looks like you had a lot of fun. You going to give me the design itch.

betsey said...

CUTE rooms. I'm hiring you when I finally get a house. It might be when we are 45, but you are hired!

Jackie and Bryan said...

Can you please tell me how you did the names? I've been wanting to do names for my kids...