Thursday, March 05, 2009

Why is it that...

I buy the greenest bananas I can find and less than 24 hours later they are covered in brown spots and too mushy to eat?

After 9 months of not having a job I still don't feel compelled to get one?

The best place for us to be right now is thousands of miles from family and friends and all I really need is to be near them?

I put on work out clothes every day but only manage to get in a work out in about every other day? (Isn't putting on the clothes the hardest part?)

They don't sell Girl Scout Cookies year round? (I picked mine up yesterday, mmmmm)

You can take a bus to NYC for only about $15 and I have only done this twice in the 9 months of living in Virginia?

I plan to go to bed about 10 pm each night, and actually start getting ready for bed at 9:30 but still am awake at midnight?

In nearly 4 years of marriage our family is still not +1?

Just a few thoughts for the day.

8 comments:

betsey said...

Love the questions. Great stuff Ashley Poole, you made me chuckle today!

First, enjoy unemployment. I'm glad that you are having a great time and if there isn't a need to get a job, enjoy improving yourself in other ways!

Second, Baby Poole needs to make an appearance! Prayers from Team Hawkins are on the docket. We'll do what we can to get Baby Poole to come down right now! And when he/she does arrive...boy, is she/he going to be spoiled and loved :)

WE MISS YOU GUYS!

Lindsay said...

yes, very thought provoking. I dont know the answer. I mean how in the free loving world did a ordinary guy like Rich end up with a histerical beauty like me? i mean the questions are endless.

ps. I also am petitioning the guy upstairs for a baby for the Poole family.

melissamay said...

Maybe baby "poole" is waiting for baby "rodriguez" so they can be buddies...:)

Wish I was closer so I could make sure you jumped on that $15 nyc bus more often.

Heidi said...

I wish I had the answer to any of those questions!

Miss you!

Sara said...

I think I may have a few answers for you:
1) you don't want a job because you would miss out on some sweet shopping trips with me and my kids!
2) Bananas- we can blame that one on the lovely Virginia humidity=)
3) and baby poole: we have already told you once you agree to the Morris name that baby will come right on down!=) but we will still continue to keep you guys in our prayers.
Thanks again for all your Ipod tech skills!

Mrs. M said...

I don't have any answers, but I do know that I appreciate your cookie-loving, no job, not mama yet mind because it provides for great insights on life and blog posts to think about!

MKB said...

We waited 5 years to have a kid and that was purely on accident. Don't worry about adding on.

I didn't work for over a year and I loved it. Once I had Reagan I had to go back to work it was driving me insane not working...now I wish I had the guts to quit.

And most importantly girl scout cookies. Brent and I bought 2 cases of samoa and tag a longs and 2 boxes of thin mints 2 years ago because of that same reason. I would die without eating them. No we haven't gone through them all. And when the ice cream comes out we stock up so we don't have to not have any through out the year.

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

I'm sorry about the bananas...I'm sorry no family, I'm sorry no workout, big sorry about the girl scout coookies and...I'm sorry there's just two Pooles in the party right now. Remember the key words are RIGHT NOW! :) Love you!