Wednesday, January 10, 2007

2 Down 13 to GO


I met Morris for lunch on campus today. We went to the bookstore after lunch to look at fun stuff to spend his gift card from a patient on. We decided he needed a new backpack--one of the only items you can not buy with a gift card. So that meant we needed to buy me something. I found a fun new book I had to have. I have been into collecting travel guides lately and planning all kinds of elaborate trips we will take once we graduate. So I thought I should add Museums of Los Angeles to the collection. After and hour I had already dog eared 13 must sees and about 25 if we have a free Saturday. Until we can go on all of the fun trips I have already planned for post graduation we are going to get busy seeing all of LA.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Although I have no desire to live in LA, you are lucky to live in a place that offers so much culture- you don't have to travel to find it!

I collect travel books too!

The Thomases said...

Marc and I decided to do something similar. When we first moved here I found a list off of Yahoo.com of the top 100 tourist sites of LA. My goal was to see them all before we leave, but as of today we have only accomplished about 1/5 of them. Yes, sad but true. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to come back and visit!

The Thomases said...

P.S. There is currenty an exhibit at the LA Museum of Contemporary Art about the parallel practices of fashion and architecture that looks really interesting. We should go check it out!!!

aSHleY said...

That does sound like fun. I would love to go see it. Do you know how long it is on display?

The Thomases said...

It looks like the exhibit runs until March 5. You can check it out online at www.moca-la.org.

A | E said...

Hey, come to LACMA, I can get you guys in free! I work in the education department!