Monday, January 08, 2007

In the Chair


Today I visited the UCLA Dental Clinic and had Dr. Poole clean my teeth. Morris has tried to schedule me for cleaning for months now and today it finally happened. Morris has told me I am one of his more difficult patients and the truth is he is not my favorite dentist. I actually don't love being in the dentist chair whoever the dentist is. I think the combination of me feeling like he should not inflict any pain on me because I am his wife and the fact the he thinks I need to be the guinea pig does not work out to well. At least Dr. Poole doesn't need to be near my mouth with a plaque scraper thing for another 6 months is a great feeling.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Hilarious picture. I always loved the dentist, I am obsessed with my teeth feeling clean.

At least you get your service for free!

Heidi said...

PS- I like the new customized design

The Thomases said...

Seriously! What is with being the guinne pig? Marc decided yesterday that I would be his first patient to recieve an implant, despite that fact that I don't need an implant! Yeah, I put the veto on that idea real quick!

aSHleY said...

Jaime-That is hilarious! I love that they come up with these crazy ideas and just think it is ok.

The Thomases said...

Yep - Me too! I think we should comission a complete dental-school-wife-guinea-pig-boycott!

Taylor said...

that's why Morris is gonna go into the all glorious Ortho -- no more teeth cleaning. :o)

Kelly said...

Hi Ashley, I'm Heidi's friend in Austin. I just wanted to tell you that I check out your blog sometimes to look for more of your "star sightings" and thought this one was a funny post. My sister's hub is an endodontist (in Utah) and it's pretty funny seeing you two here. It seemed like Tom was in school forever, but it seems to have really paid off. He loves slicing into those victims...I mean patients' teeth! He's awesome at it too. It seems that he's found his niche and I hope your hub has too. Have fun being the supportive spouse!