Thursday, February 15, 2007

For My Valentine


Last night for Valentines I made a delicious meal complete with sparkling cider and candles. Nothing pleases my husband more than coming home to dinner on the table. His face lights up when he walks through the door to the aroma of food and dishes set out. I rushed home from work and was able to have dinner ready, cake made, and presents wrapped by the time he got home. After enjoying our meal we exchanged gifts and then had some yummy strawberry cake, it does not look nearly as cute as I imagined it in my head but it tasted delicious. I gave Morris sessions 1 & 2 of The Office on DVD. The Office is our favorite show, we watch the episodes over and over again. Morris surprised me with a nights stay at the Anniversary Inn next time we go home and flowers at work. Well the flowers I actually did not get until this morning when I arrived at work because they were delivered to the wrong house. The flowers were a special treat this morning when I arrived at work even though the surprise was foiled. Tomorrow we are off to San Francisco for a long weekend. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You guys will have a great time in SF. I am super sad we aren't meeting up with you- boo.

I made Ben a big dinner, his fave, chicken parmesan with spaghetti and garlic bread, and then I made a cobbler for dinner and when he saw the cobbler he said "we need to stop eating treats." I was a little bugged I had gone to the effort. Sometimes I wish Ben just liked to eat whatever goodies I baked!

betsey said...

Ashley...
I heart your blog!!! Sorry I haven't commented recently (or maybe at all...) I'm such a blog slacker!!

I think the cake is adorable. when you said that you didn't think it turned out as cute as you wanted I thought...What was Ashley imagining, cause that cake is Adorable! You are quite the cake decorator!

hope you guys have a great time in SF! I really want to take a trip up their with Richard, but it seems like we never have a free weekend...I just need to plan it huh!

Have a great time!