Thursday, February 01, 2007

Top Design


On Wednesday Bravo premiered a new show called "Top Design". I was excited about this show for two reasons, the first being that I am an interior designer and love see to see the work of other designer and second well I guess third is because I love the show "Project Runway" and TD is produced by the same people as PR. The show is filmed at The Pacific Design Center(PDC). The PDC is the design mecca of the west. When I first moved to LA I worked as a showroom manager at the PDC. Although it was the worst job I have ever had it is still fun to see the showrooms I used to see and walk through daily in the show. Many of the pieces used in the first episode came from the showrooms on my floor. I am excited to see the personalities of each designer develop on the show and to see the new ideas each designer will come up with and the crazy challenges the producers will come up with.

6 comments:

The Thomases said...

I watched the premiere right after the Top Chef finale. There are definitely some interesting designers on this show! What's up with "Ralphie" who doesn't know how to paint? What did you think of the winning room? I'm not a designer, but I thought it was so strange!

aSHleY said...

Jamie, I love that you get into all of these Bravo shows like me. I thought the winning room was a bit out there but I do agree with the judges that it was the most unique idea. Anyone can come up with a cool bedroom or sitting room but it is a challenge to come up with a completely new idea. So I think I would have vothed for them as well because it was so unique.

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

I wish I had Bravo. I hope you get back into design as your job someday because I plan on hiring you to decorate my future home.

melissamay said...

ash , Do you ever miss working in interior design? You are so talented at it. I remember all the fun model homes you did in Eagle Mountain.

aSHleY said...

Heid--Of course I will design your many residences you and your doctor will build. You are not allowed to hire a designer when you have one in the family.

Mel--yes I do miss it, somedays more than others. But I have a pretty great job right now so it makes not doing interior design pretty easy.