Monday, February 12, 2007

Weekend Update


This is the first weekend in a long time Morris and I have just had time to get some things done around the house. We have been so busy this new year with company in town and with my sister moving and then moving back(long story) we had seriously neglected many things that needed to be done around our apartment. We went to dinner on Friday night and then went and had gelato for dessert. As may of you know I am a big fan of ice cream, I have been very reluctant to try gelato because of the relationship I have with ice cream. Friday night I took the plunge and tried it, here are my thoughts--very rich, way to expensive, and no chocolate chip. So ice cream and are back in a committed relationship and I will not be straying for any more gelato any time soon. Saturday I convinced Morris to go to the gym with me. I have been going with my friend Deb to the gym 3 times a week but this Saturday she was out so Morris had to fill in. Morris is more of a work out at home guy right now because he has very little free time. After the gym he agreed to run a few errands with me which ended up taking much of the afternoon but he was a good sport. One of the many errands on Saturday was to Target. Each time I am at Target I browse the $5 DVD section and to my surprise this week they had Clue on DVD. Morris and I decide this $5 classic was way to good to pass up. Saturday night we watched Clue as we folded laundry. I love that movie. Sunday we had a Valentines Party with our adorable Sunbeam class at church. We had so much fun coloring and sharing Valentines with each other and decorating heart shaped cookies. We had friends over for a quick dinner and ice cream of course on Sunday. And then I started Clue for the second time.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

This is hilarious. Last year Ben and I were shopping at Target one night and we also found Clue in the $5 dvd section and had to buy it. It's a great film- one of my childhood favorites (a sleepover classic).

Anonymous said...

We just watched this movie- not even a week ago! It's a classic. And P.S. I didn't even know there was a $5 DVD section at Target. Where have I been??

deb said...

I LOVE Clue! Like Heidi said, a big time sleepover classic for me. Maybe I can sleep over sometime...

PS Have you tried the gelato place in Santa Monica? I think it's called Angelato - just off 3rd street. They have a million gelato flavors, and a bunch with chocolate. Still pricey, but worth it every once in a while. Not that I'm trying to come between you and ice cream.