Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Peanut Butter Ball Saga


Every year around Christmas I get this guilty sick feeling in my stomach every time there is a knock at my door from one of my kind neighbors or friends with delicious holiday goodies. I always have a hard time enjoying these treats because I never have anything prepared for them. This year I decided I would make Valentines treats to thank everyone for Christmas treats. I went to Target and found these adorable buckets to put the treats in and I had a recipe in mind. I decided I would do a dry run about a week before Valentines. I got through the first step with no problem it was the next step when I hit the wall. I have always had a hard time with recipes that require items to chill. This gives me time to sit and relax and become totally unmotivated to continue on. Well to make a long story short, I went through three batches of peanut butter mix chilling and being thrown away because of chilling for too long in the fridge before I finally found enough strength to begin the even longer second step of dipping each ball in chocolate. Sunday evening(yes 11 days after Valentines) I finally finished all dipping and bow tieing and delivered all my Peanut Butter Balls with delight. I would like to thank all who have been a part of this month long of Peanut Butter Ball making--Heidi for introducing this recipe to me. Morris who fulfilled my request for Valentines day gift of helping roll balls, all 3 times. Morgan for being a baking genius and answering all of my questions regarding paraffin wax and last Vicki from work who I conned into help dip chocolates and rolls balls from the last batch.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Hilarious! I was actually wondering about that last night, if you ever made them. I am sure it was worth it for your friends. I once made them for our elders and they still talk about them everytime I see them.

The Thomases said...

Those PB balls were soooo good! You gotta share the recipe!

deb said...

I went through those so fast... will you make me some more???