Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Beautiful Boise River




So many of my memories growing up involved the Boise River. Boise has so many wonderful attractions and the river is one of the greatest. The Boise River runs through the entire town and has paved running and biking trails on both sides of the river. These paths are called The Greenbelt and run the entire distance of the river. As children we would often take walks on the Greenbelt and have summer picnics along the river at our favorite spot we called "Allen Beach". We always had a dog growing up, mostly Vizsla's. We had one dog; Meisha that loved to chase ducks in the river and run down the Greenbelt while my younger brother Todd would be pulled by Meisha on his roller blades. Each summer in high school we would spend many summer days beating the heat by floating the river.


Sunday night after many of my family members left town Morris and I met up with Jeff and Annette for a walk along the river. Annette and I played with Lincoln while the big boys had rock skipping contests. Monday afternoon I took Morris down the river(well Morris took me--he paddled the entire time). We had a small 2 person raft and we relaxed as we floated down the river on a hot summer day. It was so fun being in Boise and showing Morris all of the things that make Boise so great and all of the things I did a child.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

It is a pretty little river. I like hearing about your childhood memories because Ben is not big on sharing those and getting all nostalgic. I have always wondered what a vizcla (sp?) looked like though, Ben does talk about those and now I finally know what kind of dog they are.

The Thomases said...

That sounds so fun. I'll have to give it a try when we move there.