Friday, July 20, 2007

Mmmm...Sprinkles



We did it! We finally braved the lines at the Kwik E Mart today. This morning Morris and I got up and decided we needed some pink donuts and squishees for breakfast. It was the mega sugar overload about an hour later that was not that fun. 7-11 has transformed 11 stores in the US to Kwik E Mart's to promote the opening of The Simpsons Movie. Each of the 7-11's are now stocked with all kinds of Simpson products and games. You can pick up your own box of Crusty O's a six pack of Buzz Cola or radioActive Man comic book. There was even an Abu (ish) man behind the counter. I may have to go back for another yummy vanilla Squishee (Simpsons lingo for a Slurpee), it was my favorite--maybe later in the day next time. "Thank you Come Again".

7 comments:

Jacy said...

Brian and I totally want to go there after his boards are over. But yea, maybe we'll put off the sugar high until later in the day.

Heidi said...

I did not know that place was real- did they make it after Simpsons?

Those donuts look really good, I want one now.

What is a squishee?

aSHleY said...

Heid--They have transformed 11 7-11's in the US for the premiere of the Simpsons Movie. The squishees are Slurpees but in the Simpson's they call them Squishees and they have special Simpson flavors right now.

Jessica Davis said...

Hey...you went without us!! Just kidding. We drove by there today and it was packed. Glad you guys braved the crowds and got the donuts!

Anonymous said...

Too cool! I wondered where all of the Kwik-E-Marts were going to be and I love that one is near you. I watched several episodes of the Simpsons after I had Willy. His feeding time always coincided with the reruns and I was quite entertained and surprised myself by laughing out loud. I may be renting this movie down the road!

Taylor said...

Ahhhh yes, we saw the Kwik-E-Mart in Seattle LAST NIGHT while driving around downtown. Sad to say we couldn't stop by, but glad you got to!

Heidi said...

Okay I had no idea- how am i so out of the loop? Either way, I wish there was one by me because those donuts really look so good right now.