Monday, July 30, 2007

Nice to meet you Miss Potter



This weekend I watched the movie Miss Potter. As I watched this movie I thought of all of the times I was tucked into bed to the words of Beatrix Potter. I loved the nights my father would read me tales of Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail and Peter. The movie tells the life of Beatrix Potter and the challenges she faced in becoming a published author and the difficult relationship she shared with her mother. I really enjoyed this movie and the memories it evoked of Mrs. Tittelmouse and Jemina Puddle-Duck and others. I look forward to the days of kneeling by my children in bed and sharing the stories of this beloved child author.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I am so excited to see this film!! Did it at all make you want to visit the Lake District in England? It's like my favorite place in the world. I want to take you.

Jacy said...

I haven't even heard of this movie, but apparently I need to see it! I love Beatrix Potter!!